Course description: Provide First Aid is the newest workplace First Aid training qualification and also the most popular general First Aid course. It has replaced both Senior First Aid and Apply First Aid. Our one day course (pre-work must be completed beforehand) provides participants with the knowledge and skills to Provide First Aid in a variety of situations they may face in the workplace and everyday life.
If you work in the education or child care sector do not complete this course, you need to complete HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education or care setting, also available from Catch Training.
Unit of competency: Units of Competency – HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide CPR
Course outcome: Course Outcome Participants who successfully pass this one day face to face Provide First Aid course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Provide CPR.
Entry requirements: First Aid is a skill that everyone should have. All are welcome on this course. Before attending your course you will need to complete the first Aid online quiz. Pre-Course Study is available once you enrol. We provide a link to a pdf booklet to read.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Fractures, breaks and dislocations
- Minor and major burns and scalds
- Spinal and head injuries
- How to deal with a unconscious casualty, including fainting
- How top apply bandages
- Choking in adults, children and infants
- Severed limbs
- How to treat bites, stings, heatstroke and other Australian summer hazards!
Assessment requirements: To pass this one day face to face Provide First Aid course you will need to successfully complete a practical and written assessment. It is imperative that you complete the pre-work unless you are refreshing an existing First Aid qualification.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Provide First Aid If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.
Duration: This course will run for one day. You will also need to complete a pre-work booklet covering theoretical information which you should expect to take approximately three hours to complete.