Forklift operators are currently in high demand across a variety of industries. To operate a forklift in NSW it is a legal requirement to hold a forklift licence before operating a forklift. Our 2 day forklift licence course provides participants with the theory and practical skills to operate a forklift safely in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Unit of competency: TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
Course Outcome: Upon successful completion of this two day course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and a licence to Perform High-Risk Work (class LF) issued by Safework NSW.
- Getting to know your forklift: components, controls, features and their functions.
- The principals and method for operating a forklift.
- Load shifting procedures including work platforms.
- Removing hazards to create a safe workplace.
- Communicating for safety in the workplace.
- What you need to know if the forklift is to be driven on public roads.
- Working safely in the workplace including electrical hazards.
Participants will be required to pass both verbal and written theory tests and then also pass a practical assessment where they will be operating a forklift truck.
What to bring:
- Enough identification to pass the Safework NSW EOI check. We will email you all the details you need.
- Comfortable clothes and enclosed shoes suitable for the workplace
- Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
Duration: 2 full days, starting at 7am both days.