Course Description: This course is designed to meet the needs of those working with children and young people who have previously completed child protection training and are required to regularly update and refresh their knowledge in this area. The course content is regularly updated to ensure that attending this training keeps participants up to date with the latest developments in child protection legislation and policy.
Unit of Competency: None – unaccredited refresher training only.
Course Outcome: Participants who successfully complete this training will receive a Certificate of Attendance for Child Protection Refresher Training.
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this training course.
- Legislative responsibilities, service policies and procedures when working with children and young people.
- Employing work practices which support the protection of children and young people
- Reporting indications of possible risk of harm or neglect.
- Applying ethical and nurturing practices for children and young people in your workplace.
Assessment Requirements: n/a
What you will learn
- One form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time.
Duration: 4 hours