• Reset

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Catch Training natioanlly recognised and accredited?

Yes. Catch is an exciting Sydney based, Registered Training Organisation that provides high quality, face to face training courses that help students progress their careers in a range of fields.

What if my employer says I need First Aid HLTAID003 or HLTAID004?

These courses have now been superseeded and the national standard is HLTAID011. Attendance at this course also includes CPR which is code HLTAID009 and Basic Emergency Life Support which has the national code HLTAID010.

When is payment due for my course?

Pay at the time of booking to secure the date for your training session and gain access to your certificate faster.

What payment mehtods do you accept for courses?

You can pay for your course by Visa or Mastercard online or over the phone with the help of one our friendly team.

What if I cannot attend my course?

Students who cannot attend may rebook their course for an alternative date. Conditions apply.
Please call to advise as soon as possible if this is your concern Fees and Refund. Please refer to our Fees and Refund policy.

Do I need a USI to enrol in a course?

Yes. The Government now requires all students to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to obtain a certificate or qualification when undertaking nationally recognised training courses. This includes Catch Training courses.

Will Centrelink pay for my course if I am unemployed?

If you are currently unemployed you need to register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the relevant courses booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly

What should I do if have problems speaking or writing English?

Our facilitators are trained to assess your literacy and numeracy skills and help / advise as needed on the day.  However you may bring a friend along to the course to act as an interpretor, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.

Parent Consent Required for Students Under 18 years of age

As per government regulations we require a signed parent consent form for any students attending accredited training who will be under the age of 18 years on the day of training. The form needs to be completed and signed by the parent / guardian of the student and bring it with you on the day of training.

What locations do you have?

Catch Training run courses at Castle Hill, St Mary’s, Blacktown and Campbelltown

How do I go about making booking for group training or course for our employees?

Whether on-site or off-site, Catch Training can provide group trainings tailored to your workplace and industry requirements. For more  information please send email to group@catch.nsw.edu with following information – contact name, number of participants, date, course type.

More information

Please call our team on 0280073427 or email catch@catch.nsw.edu.au.

How long is the White Card Valid for?

The card itself does not expire, however if you have not worked on a construction site for two years or more, SafeWork recommends attending a course to update your skills and knowledge. Many employers will insist that your knowledge is up to date if you haven’t worked in the industry for over two years.

What are CPD points for white card?

This is called ‘Continuing Professional Development’ it is mandatory for some people to undertake training and achieve points for learning throughout their career to stay compliant in their field of work. This is usually for people who hold a higher qualification such as. Builder’s licence. A customer needs to check with relevant organization.

What are the valid ID’s.

The acceptable documents for 100 points of ID contain both primary and secondary documents. You can provide only one primary document with secondary documents to form 100 points. Please visit https://www.nswwhitecard.com/students/id-requirements

How soon will I receive my card

On the day of the course a statement of training will be issued as evidence of your training.  This enables you to commence working on NSW construction sites straight away.  You receive your new card directly from SafeWork in the coming weeks. The SafeWork fee for your white card is always included in your Catch Training fee, there is nothing to further.

Can I replace my White Card if I lose it?

 If you have lost, stolen or damaged your White Card it is possible to request a replacement card from SafeWork. You will need the certificate certificate you received on completing the training.  Further information can be found on SafeWork’s website. 

What is the difference between a White Card and a Green Card?

Previously, participants who completed the General construction induction were issued with a ‘green card.’ The relevant legislation has now changed and students who complete the course successfully are now issued with a ‘white card.’

Is the General Construction Induction training recognised in other states of Australia?

Yes the General Induction Card is recognised nationally across Australia.

Is my NSW RSA or RCG training recognised in other states of Australia?

The RSA SITHFAB002 and RCG SITHGAM201 Statement of Attainments are nationally recognised units of competency from the Cert II Hospitality this is accepted in WA, NT & SA.  In Queensland a QLD OLGR RSA certificate is mandatory. In Victoria & Tasmania you must have a Certificate issued from an RTO approved in that state therefore in all those states you will need to attend another course.

How long does it take to get my certificate / Can I work straight away after completing the course?

After competition of the course you will receive your Interim Certificate on the day.  You can commence work in all areas of NSW except the King’s Cross Precinct with this interim certificate.You will also receive a Statement of Attainment for your records which will be emailed or posted to you on the working day following successful completion of your course.

How long is my card valid for?

Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary courses to be employed in any job that is related to gaming or the serving of alcohol.

Do I need to pay extra for the photo card?

The $70 fee for RSA or $30 fee for RCG for the photo-card is included in your CATCH training fee, therefore you will have nothing further to pay to collect your photo-card. 

When does the photo card expire?

RSA & RSG expires after five years from the date of the first course.

How to get an RSA & RSG competency card?

You need your interim certificate, original proof of identity documents. Visit a Service NSW service centre to complete your application. Your competency card will be ordered and posted to you within 3 weeks.

How to renew an RSA &RCG competency card.

If your contact details are up to date, you will be notified by email and/or SMS with the information you need to access the online training when your card is approaching its expiry date. It is compulsory to renew your competency card after five years if you intend to continue working in the liquor and gaming industries.

What happens if I lose my interim certificate?

Contact Catch Training to get another copy.

My name or date of birth is wrong on the interim certificate – what do I do?

You must complete the Interim certificate amendment form available on the Liquor & Gaming NSW website.
A new interim certificate with your correct name can then be issued to you by the training organisation you did the course with. You can then apply for your photo competency card with Service NSW using the new certificate.

What if my employer says I need First Aid HLTAID003?

These courses have now been superseeded and the national standard is HLTAID011. Attendance at this course also includes CPR which is code HLTAID009 and Basic Emergency Life Support which has the national code HLTAID010.

How long does a First Aid certificate last?

It is a requirement in most states and territories that a workplace first aider must renew their first aid certificate at least every three years to ensure that first aid skills are current.

Is there any Pre-course Study?

Pre-Course Study is available once you enrol. Before attending your course you will need to complete the first aid online quiz. We provide a link to a pdf booklet to read.

When do I get my first aid certificate?

After successful completion of the course and your profile on student’s portal, you will usually receive your Nationally Recognised Training first aid certificate in the next 24-48h.

How often does my CPR needs to be updated?

Depending on which industry you work in, you may be required to take an annual CPR refresher course in order to comply with industry regulations or licensing requirements. It is recommended that you do a CPR refresher course every year so that you can keep up with any new techniques that are introduced and to ensure that you can effectively perform resuscitation.

Do I need to take the full course if I only need to renew my FA and not the CPR?

If you have completed the CPR with Catch in the last 6 weeks, you can only complete First Aid without the CPR. Otherwise we aren’t legally allowed to do it. This is the government regulations.

My old First Aid certificate has expired, do I have to sit a whole new course?

Yes, once your certificate expires you need to complete the whole course. First aid knowledge and skills are frequently changed so you need to complete a new course to ensure you are up to date with any changes.

How long is the course?

Students have up to 4 hours to complete the course. Latte Art runs for 2 hours, focused session.

How long does it take to get my certificate / Can I work straight away after completing the course?

Once you have successfully completed your course, you will receive a PDF of your certificate.

How long is my card valid for?

Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary courses to be employed in any job that is related to gaming or the serving of alcohol.

How many students in a course?

Covid safe practices limit our current course sizes, though we do always try to keep course sizes small.

What’s the minimum age requirements?

We recommend clients to be at least 14 years old.

Can I start working after training?

Right away! The Barista Crash course will equip you with all the skills required to begin your career as a barista.

How long does it take to get my certificate

Upon completition of your Barista Crash or Latte Art, you will receive PDF format of your Certificate of Completion.

How many students are in a class?

There are 1-4 students per class which allows the trainer to work with each student individually.

Do I need to have completed the Barista Crash course to attend the Latte Art course?

It is strongly recommended that a student have a good grasp of the basics before attending the Latte Art course in order to ensure the best results are achieved.