1. Will Centrelink pay for my course if I am unemployed?
– If you are currently unemployed you need to register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the relevant courses booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly.
2. Can I pay for my training in instalments?
– Unfortunately we cannot offer this service at present, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking.
3. How can I pay for my training with Catch?
– Payment can be made at the time of booking on our website using either a credit card or EFTPOS card or you can pay cash on the day if you wish. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
4. What should I do if have problems speaking or writing English?
– Our facilitators are trained to assess your literacy and numeracy skills and help / advise as needed on the day. However you may bring a friend along to the course to act as an interpretor, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
5. Parent Consent Required for Students Under 18 years of age
– As per government regulations we require a signed parent consent form for any students attending accredited training who will be under the age of 18 years on the day of training. The form needs to be completed and signed by the parent / guardian of the student and bring it with you on the day of training.
1. What is the difference between a White Card and a Green Card?
– Previously, participants who completed the General construction induction were issued with a ‘green card.’ The relevant legislation has now changed and students who complete the course successfully are now issued with a ‘white card.’
2. Is the General Construction Induction training recognised in other states of Australia?
– Yes the General Induction Card is recognised nationally across Australia.
3. How long is the White Card Valid for?
– The card itself does not expire, however if you have not worked on a construction site for two years or more, SafeWork recommends attending a course to update your skills and knowledge. Many employers will insist that your knowledge is up to date if you haven’t worked in the industry for over two years.
4. How soon will I receive my card?
– On the day of the course a statement of training will be issued as evidence of your training. This enables you to commence working on NSW construction sites straight away. You receive your new card directly from SafeWork in the coming weeks. The SafeWork fee for your white card is always included in your Catch Training fee, there is nothing to further.
5. Can I replace my White Card if I lose it?
– If you have lost, stolen or damaged your White Card it is possible to request a replacement card from SafeWork. You will need the certificate certificate you received on completing the training. Further information can be found on SafeWork’s website.
1. Is my NSW RSA or RCG training recognised in other states of Australia?
– The RSA SITHFAB002 and RCG SITHGAM201 Statement of Attainments are nationally recognised units of competency from the Cert II Hospitality this is accepted in WA, NT & SA. In Queensland a QLD OLGR RSA certificate is mandatory. In Victoria & Tasmania you must have a Certificate issued from an RTO approved in that state therefore in all those states you will need to attend another course.
2. I completed my RSA / RCG training before 2007, is it still valid?
– All RSA/RCG certs that were issued before 2007 have expired and are no longer valid. You will need to complete a new course if you wish to work in a licenced / gaming venue.
3. How long does it take to get my certificate / Can I work straight away after completing the course?
– When you complete your RSA or RCG training with CATCH you will receive your Interim Certificate on the day. You can commence work in all areas of NSW except the King’s Cross Precinct with this interim certificate.
– You will need to present the interim certificate and 100 points of identification at a NSW Service Centre or RMS Office where you will be able to obtain your photo-card.
– You can look up your closest location with the Service NSW centre locator.
– The $70 fee for RSA or $30 fee for RCG for the photo-card is included in your CATCH training fee, therefore you will have nothing further to pay to collect your photo-card. You will also receive a Statement of Attainment for your records which will be emailed or posted to you on the working day following successful completion of your course.
– Your card is valid for five years and serves as proof that you have completed the necessary courses to be employed in any job that is related to gaming or the serving of alcohol.
1. What is the difference between Apply First Aid and Provide First Aid?
– The most current version of the recommended workplace First Aid training course is titled Provide First Aid, HLTAID003 which has superceded Apply First Aid HLTFA301B. All RTOs will be replacing their Apply First Aid Courses with Provide First Aid over the coming months.
2. Do I have to complete a CPR course every 12 months?
– Depending on which industry you work in, you may be required to take an annual CPR refresher course in order to comply with industry regulations or licensing requirements. CATCH recommends that you do a refresher course every year so that you can keep up with any new techniques that are introduced and to ensure that you can effectively perform resuscitation
3. My old First Aid certificate has expired, do I have to sit a whole new course?
– Yes, unfortu8natelty once your certificate expires you are no longer able to complete a ‘refresher’ course. First aid knowledge and skills are frequently changed so you need to complete a new course to ensure you are up to date with any changes.
4. How often does my First Aid certificate need to be updated?
– It is a requirement in most states and territories that a workplace first aider must renew their first aid certificate at least every three years to ensure that first aid skills are current.
© 2021 Catch Training All Rights Reserved.