Course description: Provide CPR is practical hands on two – three hours course with pre-work required. It covers the practical application of CPR as well as providing further information surrounding the causes and use of CPR. CPR can be conducted as a stand-alone course and is also part of our Provide First Aid Course.
Unit of competency: HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Course outcome: Participants who successfully pass this half day face to face Provide CPR training will receive a Nationally Recognised HLTAID009 Perform CPR Statement of Attainment in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines which is valid for 12 months. Is it recommended, but not a legal requirement, that your CPR training is refreshed every 12 months.
Entry requirements: CPR is for everyone! All are welcome, Before attending your course you will need to complete the CPR Online Quiz.
- Legislation affecting CPR
- What are the reasons someone collapses
- Assessing danger at the scene
- Checking for responsiveness
- Clearing the airway
- How to read the signs of life
- Providing rescue breaths
- Complications that are associated with rescue breaths
- Caring for someone after CPR
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- An introduction to defibrillation
Assessment requirements: To pass this course participants are required to successfully complete practical and written assessment.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Provide CPR If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.