Course description: The SafeWork NSW White Card is a mandatory requirement for anyone wanting to work on a construction site in NSW . The Catch Training one day face to face General Construction Induction training course gets you your White Card with nothing further to pay.
Unit of competency: CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Course outcome: Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a National Statement of Attainment in ‘CPCCWHS1001 Work Safely in the Construction Industry.’ Participants will also receive an interim SafeWork Statement of attainment that allows them to work immediately on construction sites across NSW Participants will then receive their White Card direct from SafeWork. All SafeWork White Card fees are included in your Catch Training course fees. You will have nothing further to pay to receive your White card.
Entry requirements: There are no specified entry requirements for this training program except that students must be aged 14 years or older.
- Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding and identifying hazards and risks on construction sites.
- How to control risks and prevent accidents on construction sites
Assessment requirements: To pass this course you will need to complete a theoretical and practical assessment. However no pre-course revision is required as you will be taught everything you need to know on the day.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information White Card If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.