Course description: Provide First Aid is the newest workplace First Aid training qualification and also the most popular Advanced First Aid course. It has replaced both Senior First Aid and Apply First Aid.
Our two-day course is specifically designed for those who prefer face to face learning or may have barriers to completing the online pre-course work for the one-day Provide First Aid course. Students completing this two-day course do not need to complete any pre-course work.
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to Provide First Aid in a variety of situations they may face in the workplace and everyday life.
Unit of competency: HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide CPR
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Fractures, breaks and dislocations
- Minor and major burns and scalds
- Spinal and head injuries
- How to deal with a unconscious casualty, including fainting
- How to apply bandages
- Choking in adults, children and infants
- Severed limbs
- How to treat bites, stings, heatstroke and other Australian summer hazards!
First Aid is a skill that everyone should have. All are welcome on this course, there are no prerequisites. Any participants under the age of 18 need to provide a signed consent form from their parent or guardian.
Course Outcome Participants who successfully pass this two-day face to face Provide First Aid course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Provide CPR.
To pass this two-day face to face Provide First Aid course you will need to successfully complete a practical and written assessment.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Provide First Aid If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.
Duration: This course will run for two days. No pre-work is required.