Course description: CPR is practical hands on two – three hours course with pre-work required. It covers the practical application of CPR as well as providing further information surrounding the causes and use of CPR. CPR can be conducted as a stand-alone course and is also part of our Provide First Aid Course.
LVR will provide the skills and knowledge required to assess the risk of a hazardous situation involving electricity and how to perform a low voltage rescue procedure while minimising any further risk to yourself or others.
Unit of competency: HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
Participants who successfully pass this course will receive a Nationally Recognised HLTAID009 Perform CPR Statement of Attainment & UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
CPR/LVR is for everyone! All are welcome, Before attending your course you will need to complete the CPR Online Quiz.
- Legislation affecting CPR
- What are the reasons someone collapses
- Assessing danger at the scene
- Checking for responsiveness
- Clearing the airway
- How to read the signs of life
- Providing rescue breaths
- Complications that are associated with rescue breaths
- Caring for someone after CPR
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- An introduction to defibrillation
- Determining risk factors of a low voltage rescue
- Safely extricating the injured from the source of injury
- Safe removal methods
Assessment requirements: To pass these courses, participants are required to successfully complete practical and written assessment.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.
- Ensure you read our Pre-Course Information Provide CPR If applicable and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.