What is RSA Training?
The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training programme was designed to facilitate participant protection in establishments that serve alcohol. In layman language, this course can be understood as basic training to ensure the safety protocols that will implement a much safer and responsible alcohol service. The course covers essential topics of the widespread liquor industry and intoxication. Not just this, in addition to safety protocols, it also teaches the participants how to deal with some of the biggest concerns in the industry, like underage drinking and alcoholism.
What are the requirements for RSA training?
If you are interested in indulging in extensive RSA training, before you start this important course, some of the essential prerequisites include submitting a valid form of identification. This consists of any form of government authorised identification card, like your driver’s license, student card, proof of age card, or even your passport. Additionally, you must report at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the course to complete the required registration process and avoid a rush of paperwork even after the course begins. Since the RSA training program is a fairly important course, these prerequisites are non-negotiable.
Why does one need RSA training?
While RSA training is extremely important, it is natural to question- ¨why do you need one in the first place?
Here are five reasons why you need RSA training:
- Makes you eligible to work at a bar – For one to work in a bar, they must have undergone an RSA training program to make them suitable for handling the business. This intensive training equips them with the proper knowledge to tackle any bar-related situation. It would be an added advantage if you have done the Barista Courses.
- Briefs you up on safety protocols – Being up-to-date on safety protocols is a necessity that can´t be ignored. Indulging in RSA training, one gets trained to be skilled and implement those safety protocols effectively.
- Educates you on the liquor industry and intoxication- Since one will be working closely with the liquor industry and drunkenness, you must be educated with the proper knowledge to understand its working.
- Teaches how to deal with underage drinking – Underage drinking is one of the biggest problems any bar has to tackle regularly. RSA training programmes prepare you to tackle such situations on the ground.
- Teaches how to deal with alcoholism – After underage drinking, alcoholism is another big issue that needs attention. RSA training educates the course takers to be vigilant.
What Happens After I Finish RSA Training?
After completing the intensive Responsible Service of Alcohol training program, you will be eligible for a job at a cafe. Still, in addition to that, you’ll also be ready to apply for a job that requires serving alcohol.
Why do you need certification to work after COVID-19?
Due to the current pandemic, an authentic certificate declaring your medical condition has become necessary after COVID-19 to ensure that you will not be a threat to the visitors and fellow staff members.