Course description: This qualification is for those who are required to setup a Traffic Guidance Schemes (TGS) also known as a Traffic Control Plans (TCP) in accordance with approved Traffic Management Plans. Our price includes the RMS fees payable.
Unit of competency: RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Control plans
The skills and competencies learned for the Implement Traffic Control Plans qualification:
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety
- Understanding how to participate in toolbox talks
- Understand traffic control policy and procedures
- Use the site/ location assessment, distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorised risk controls
- Know basic functions of the Traffic Guidance Scheme / Traffic Control Plan (TGS/TCP)
- Able to interpret various types of plans
- Understand and make changes to (TGS/TCP) to suit the specific road and work environment
- Understand how to measure distances and recognise the different types of measuring devices
- Identify and select the correct types of signs and traffic control devices in line with a TGS/ TCP scheme
- Install and remove signs and traffic control devices is in line with a TGS/TCP
- Maintain after-hours signage
- Understand how speed, environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density, sight lines, environmental conditions can affect the worksite
- Implement a temporary TGS/TCP for emergency or unplanned works, or in-line with pre-approved generic plans or diagrams.
- Plan for emergencies that may arise
- Understanding the various communication methods and communication devices i.e. two-way radios
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded:
- An RMS Statement of Completion (SOC) certificate which allows them to work in the Traffic Control Industry immediately whilst waiting for final assessment which will be conducted in a live environment
Students who successfully complete the live assessment will be awarded the statement of attainment for the following units of competency:
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
The Statement of Attainment (SOA) is required for an application that we submit to the RMS for the photo-card licence. The licence is valid for 3 years.
*If you do not already work in the industry and therefore cannot be assessed in your workplace you will need to attend a live practical assessment at a cost o $99.
What to bring:
- You must bring one form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport (Unfortunately you will not be able to sit the course without this).
- Please bring a pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time so that your Catch Training facilitator can check your ID and sign you in.