Course description: Are you looking to start work in a food business, or perhaps you own or manage a food business and are looking for training for your food handlers. This course provides the knowledge required to use good personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food and the spread of food borne illnesses. This course teaches food handlers how to follow food safety procedures in their workplace and also teaches them it identify potential food safety hazards. . The course is relevant to staff working in organisations with permanent or temporary kitchens or smaller food preparation or bar areas..
Unit of competency: Successful participants will receive a National Statement of Attainment in SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety.
Course outcome: Participants who successfully complete this four hour Food Hygiene course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety.
Entry requirements: There are no entry requirements for this training course.
- Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Report any personal health issues
- Prevent food contamination
- Prevent cross-contamination by washing hands
Assessment requirements: To pass this Food Safety Hygiene course you will need to complete a written and practical assessment. However no pre-course revision is required as your Catch trainer will teach you everything you need to know on the day.
What to bring:
- One form of photo identification. Ideally an Australian driver’s licence or your passport.
- Blue or black pen.
- Please arrive 15-minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Ensure you read our Food Hygiene Pre-Course Information and our Student Handbook before booking as it contains our booking conditions.
Duration: 4 hours